Treatment for diabetes in the first place is to choose the right diet and selection of proper diet. Observing a medical diet, diabetics select the permitted foods according to the glycemic index and calculate the daily calorie intake.
For the sugar level to be always normal and under control, nutrition must be balanced, healthy and regular. You should carefully consider the menu, with the diet chosen at least seven days.
All diabetic meals must be nutritious and healthy, they must contain the necessary vitamins and minerals. You need to eat often, but in small portions, and after eating all the energy received must be consumed.
How to eat with diabetes
If the doctor diagnoses the second type of diabetes, the person should reconsider their diet and begin to eat a balanced diet. Consumed products must contain all the necessary nutrients.
Doctors recommend eating often, five or six times a day, in small portions. It is necessary to eliminate as much as possible from the diet of fatty and fried foods in oil. Meat and fish need to choose a low-fat variety.
The menu should include large quantities of vegetables every day, especially if the patient is overweight. This type of food is rich in fiber and vitamins, due to which there is a decrease in the glycemic index of all foods consumed simultaneously in vegetables.
- To make a diet for the whole week, it is important to familiarize yourself with such a concept as a bread unit. This indicator of the amount of carbohydrates may include 10-12 g of glucose, therefore, people with a diagnosis of diabetes of the second or first type per day should consume no more than 25 bread units. If you eat five to six times a day, you can eat a maximum of 6 XE per meal.
- To count the right amount of calories in food, you also need to take into account the age, body weight of a diabetic, the presence of physical exertion. If it is difficult to draw up a diet menu on your own, you can consult a dietitian for advice.
Overweight people need to eat plenty of vegetables and unsweetened fruits every day, especially during the summer time. Fatty and sweet dishes should be excluded from the diet as much as possible.
Too thin person, on the contrary, is to increase the calorie content of dishes in order to normalize the weight and metabolism in the body.
What can and can not eat with diabetes
Diabetics should prefer lightweight and nutritious foods with a low glycemic index. On sale you can find special dietary bread, made from coarse rye flour, it is allowed to eat no more than 350 grams per day. The glycemic index of such a product is 50 units, and bran bread - 40 units.
Cooking porridge on the basis of water, use buckwheat or rolled oats. Dietary soup is best prepared with the addition of wheat (GI 45 units) and pearl barley with GI 22 units, they are the most useful.
Diabetic soups are boiled on the basis of vegetables, twice a week it is allowed to cook soup in a low-fat broth. Vegetables are best eaten raw, boiled and stewed. The most useful vegetables include cabbage, zucchini, fresh herbs, pumpkin, eggplants, tomatoes. Salads are recommended to be filled with vegetable oil or freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Instead of chicken eggs with GI 48 units it is better to include quail in the menu, for a day they can be eaten in an amount of not more than two pieces. From different types of meat choose dietary varieties - rabbit, poultry, lean beef, it is boiled, baked and stewed.
- Bean products are also allowed to be eaten. The berries are usually chosen more acidic varieties, as the sweet has a high glycemic index due to the large amount of sugar. Berries are best eaten fresh, they are also made compotes and desserts using sweetener.
- The most useful drink is green tea, including the recommended boil compote with the addition of rosehip berries. Instead of sugar, sugar substitutes are used during cooking of sweet dishes, among them stevia is the natural and the highest quality sweetener.
- From fermented milk products can be consumed in one glass per day yogurt, kefir, the glycemic index of which is 15 units. As an option, cottage cheese with a glycemic index of 30 units is added to the diet, and no more than 200 g of this product is allowed to eat per day. Any oil can be eaten only in a limited amount, maximum 40 g per day.
It is better if you completely refuse baked pastries and high-calorie sweets, lard, fatty pork, alcoholic beverages, spices, marinades, sweet fruits, sweets, fatty cheeses, ketchup, mayonnaise, smoked and salty dishes, sweet aerated, sausage, sausages, canned goods , fatty meat or fish broth.
To assess the amount of food eaten per day and the quality of nutrition, diabetics make entries in a diary, which indicate which foods were eaten on a given day. On the basis of these data, after the analysis of blood sugar levels in the blood, it is possible to check how effectively the therapeutic diet acts on the body.
The patient also calculates the number of calories eaten and bread units.
Drawing up a diet menu for the week
In order to competently create a menu, the patient needs to study and select the recipes of dishes for type 2 diabetes for each day. Proper selection of dishes will help a special table, which indicates the glycemic index of foods.
Each individual serving of any dish can be a maximum of 250 grams, the dosage of meat or fish is no more than 70 grams, a portion of stewed vegetables or mashed potatoes is 150 grams, a piece of bread weighs 50 grams, and the volume of any drinkable liquid does not exceed one cup.
On the basis of this recommendation, the diabetic's daily ration is made up. To make it easier to understand what to include in the menu for breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner, you can consider the approximate weekly diet of people with diabetes mellitus type one or type two.
- For the first breakfast, porridge from rolled oats is served with the addition of a small amount of butter, grated fresh carrots, bread, and compote without sugar.
- Herbal tea and grapefruit can be served for lunch.
- For lunch it is recommended to cook soup without salt, a salad of fresh vegetables with a small piece of meat, bread and berry juice.
- As a snack for afternoon tea using green apple and tea.
- For dinner, you can cook low-fat cottage cheese with bread and compote.
- Before you go to bed. You can drink a glass of yogurt.
- In the morning breakfast is served with chopped vegetables, fish patty with bread, and unsweetened drink.
- For the second breakfast you can serve vegetable puree and chicory drink.
- Dine lean soup with the addition of sour cream, lean meat with bread, diabetic dessert, water.
- Snack cottage cheese and juice. Another useful snack is serum for type 2 diabetes.
- They are having dinner with boiled eggs, steamed patties, diabetic bread, and unsweetened tea.
- Before bedtime you can drink a glass of ryazhenka.
- For the first breakfast you can serve buckwheat, low-fat cottage cheese, bread, unsweetened tea.
- At the second breakfast is enough to drink juice or compote.
- Dine vegetable soup, boiled chicken meat, bread, you can serve green apple and mineral water.
- As a snack in the afternoon, use a green apple.
- At dinner you can cook boiled vegetables with meatballs. Baked cabbage, serve bread and compote.
- Before bedtime, drink a low-fat yogurt.
- For breakfast, they eat rice porridge with beets, a slice of unleavened cheese, bread, and drink a drink from chicory.
- At the second breakfast, prepare a citrus fruit salad.
- At lunch, they serve vegetable soup, vegetable stew with stews, bread and jelly.
- Snacks can be sliced fruit and unsweetened tea.
- They are having supper with millet, steamed fish, bran bread, and unsweetened tea.
- At bedtime, drink kefir.
- For the first breakfast, you can prepare a salad of carrots and green apples, low-fat cottage cheese, bread, unsweetened tea.
- The second breakfast may consist of unsweetened fruit and mineral water.
- They eat fish soup, squash stew, boiled chicken, bread, lemon drink.
- At lunch they serve cabbage salad and unsweetened tea.
- For dinner, you can cook buckwheat, spotted cabbage, they are served bread and tea without sugar.
- At bedtime, drink a glass of skimmed milk.
- Breakfast can consist of oatmeal, carrot salad, bread and instant chicory.
- At the second breakfast serves a salad of citrus, tea without sugar.
- For lunch, they cook noodle soup, stewed liver, boil rice in small quantities, serve bread and stewed fruit.
- Snack in afternoon tea can be a fruit salad and mineral water without gases.
- For dinner, you can serve barley porridge, zucchini stew, bread, tea without sugar.
- Before going to bed they drink yogurt.
- For breakfast, they eat buckwheat, a piece of unleavened cheese, a salad of grated beets, bread, and a non-sweet drink.
- Brunch can consist of savory fruit and chicory.
- For lunch they cook soup from legumes, chicken with rice, stewed eggplants, serve bread and fruit juice from cranberries.
- In the afternoon snack you can eat citrus fruits, unsweetened drink.
- For dinner, pumpkin porridge is served, cutlet, vegetable salad, bread, unsweetened tea.
- At night you can drink a glass of ryazhenka.
This is an approximate diet for a week, which you can change if necessary, at your discretion. In drawing up the menu, it is important not to forget to include as many vegetables as possible, especially if you are overweight. Also, do not forget that it is desirable to combine diet and exercise in diabetes.
What products are useful for diabetes will tell an expert from the video in this article.