Proper nutrition is one of the main components in the treatment of diabetes. Traditional and traditional medicine has long used a healing plant blueberries from many diseases.
Blueberry leaves in diabetes mellitus help not only reduce blood sugar levels, but also improve immunity. They insist broths and drink delicious blueberry tea. This miracle berry improves the overall health of a diabetic, both in the first and second type of pathology.
Medicinal properties and contraindications
Blueberry leaves and berries have a low glycemic index - only 28 units. Therefore, those patients who consumed blueberries with diabetes, noted a decrease in glucose concentration and keeping it at a normal level. Especially this berry is useful for people who are at risk for developing type 2 diabetes and for those who have a pre-diabetic condition.
The plant contains many useful substances, namely: amber, malic, ascorbic and citric acid, vitamins A (beta-carotene), C, PP, group B, various essential oils, macronutrients (K, Na, Ca, P) and trace elements (Se, Zn, Fe, Cu), pectic substances.
In addition to glycemic control, decoctions and infusions of blueberry have a positive effect on other human organs.
Regular consumption of berries helps to deal with many problems:
- The use of blueberry leaf from diabetes favorably affects the work of the gastrointestinal tract. Thus, this product removes toxins and improves the digestive process.
- Beneficial substances of the berry improve the functioning of the pancreas and liver.
- Eating blueberries prevents the development of various eye problems in type 2 diabetes. It strengthens the walls of small vessels located in the retina of the eyeballs, thereby preventing the occurrence of diabetic retinopathy.
- Bilberry favorably affects the human epidermis. When used, the skin is moistened, rashes, redness and itching, and wounds heal faster.
- Berries normalize blood cholesterol.
- The plant prevents the deposition of salts in the joints and removes radionuclides.
It should be noted that blueberries do not cause allergic reactions and hypervitaminization. Rich in pectins and fiber, the berry helps to reduce overweight, which especially diabetics with type 2 pathology suffer.
However, it is sometimes better to refrain from using blueberries. For diabetics who suffer from urolithiasis, individual intolerance to the components or pathologies of the pancreas (pancreatitis and others), the use of such berries is contraindicated.
The use of blueberry leaves in diabetes
When using even a single leaf of blueberry in diabetes, a large amount of the substance glycoside neomirtillina, which is known for its hypoglycemic properties, is released.
Bilberry leaf helps glucose to be absorbed into peripheral cells, thereby preventing it from accumulating in the blood.
In addition, leaves and shoots of bilberry in diabetes contribute to such processes in the body as a decrease in appetite, especially for sweets, increased immunity, lower blood pressure, strengthens the diuretic and choleretic effect, a positive effect on the heart.
Below are some of the most popular recipes for traditional medicine using blueberry leaves:
- To improve the function of the pancreas and normalize sugar in pancreatitis, it is necessary to prepare a decoction. For this, a tablespoon of dried leaves is poured with a glass of boiling water. The broth is infused and cools, then it is filtered. This medicine must be drunk three times a day, the course of treatment lasts 3 weeks.
- The second option: a tablespoon of crushed leaves pour 250 ml of boiling water. Then the mixture is boiled in a water bath for about 40 minutes. Folk remedy is taken 2-4 times a day, 50 ml.
- To improve the work of the pancreas and immunity, a decoction of blueberry shoots is also prepared. In a water bath (250 ml) you need to boil a tablespoon of shredded shoots for about 20 minutes. The resulting broth drink 50 ml three times a day.
Before resorting to folk remedies, it is important to consult an endocrinologist, since this product has some contraindications and may not give the expected positive result.
Blueberry Medicinal Fees
Blueberries in diabetes can be added to various fees. This tool is very easy to prepare yourself. In addition, the healing fee will help prevent the development of complications from diabetes and reduce the concentration of glucose.
To prepare a delicious tea drink, you will need dandelion, blueberry and nettle leaves of 30 g. All the ingredients are mixed and pour one tablespoon of tepid water (300 ml). The infusion is boiled for 15 minutes, then filtered and drunk hot.
Another recipe for infusion will help reduce sugar levels and blood pressure. To do this, take crushed leaves of blueberries, motherwort, lemon balm and arnica in equal proportion. The mixture is filled with water and boiled for about 5 minutes. Then it is cooled and drink 60 ml three times a day. However, it is not possible to use such a medicine while carrying a child and breastfeeding.
Keeping diabetes under control will also help the following remedy. For its preparation, you will need blueberry leaves, the top of the galega medicinal and bean pods (without contents) of 30 mg each. The mixture is filled with 300 ml of water and boiled for 15-20 minutes.
This diabetic drink is consumed 2-4 times a day before taking the dish.
Blueberry and other diabetes berries
The best way to eat berries is raw. During heat treatment, it can lose a lot of nutrients, and the diabetic lose them. At the same time, many doubt whether it is possible to eat such a product raw. In fact, blueberries need to eat up to 300 g per day as a main dish or adding to desserts without sugar.
Also from bilberry cook tasty and healthy jam. This will require blueberries (0.5 kg), leaves of viburnum and blueberries (30 g each), sugar substitute. Berries boil for about an hour to form a thick mixture, then add the leaves and boil for another 10-12 minutes. Next, put the sugar substitute in the mixture and leave to infuse. A teaspoon of jam is added to tea for diabetes, which is advisable to drink several times a day.
In the treatment of "sugar disease" can not only eat blueberries. Other berries, such as lingonberry, wild rose, currant and cranberry, are also used during therapy. Folk healers offer a few simple recipes using berries:
- Rosehip berries are best taken as part of decoctions. For the manufacture of medicines you need to take 20 g of the product and pour 0.5 liters of boiling water over it. Strained broth drink 20 minutes before eating.
- Currant helps to strengthen the vascular walls, which is very important in diabetes. Four spoons of crushed leaves pour 1 liter of boiling water. Then cool, filter and drink three times a day, 100 ml before taking the main dishes.
- Cranberries and cranberry juice regulate the metabolism, in particular of glucose, in diabetes. Cranberry is used both in raw form and in the form of decoctions and infusions. For the manufacture of effective medication you need to take 2 cups of fresh berries, 0.5 cups of sugar and 1 glass of water. Cranberries should be crushed, then the rest of the ingredients are added to it and brought to a boil. Then the mixture is cooled and taken, diluted with water.
Blueberries in diabetes - a miraculous plant that controls glycemia and improves the general condition of the patient. In addition to it, you can eat other berries (cranberries, currants, lingonberries). The video in this article will continue the topic of using blueberries in diabetes.