Strix is a dietary supplement that is often included in complex therapeutic regimens for treating eye diseases. It has a minimum number of contraindications and side effects, so it can be taken by patients of any age.
The drug is available under the trade names Strix Kids and Forte.
Strix is a dietary supplement that is often included in complex therapeutic regimens for treating eye diseases.
Forms of release and composition
Vitamin supplement is available in the form of:
- The tablets covered with a soluble film. The composition of each includes bilberry extract (82 mg), beta-carotene concentrated, concentrated juice of blueberry fruits, cellulose powder, potato starch, silicon dioxide. The tablets are packaged in a cell pack of 30 pcs. The cardboard pack contains 1 cell and instructions for use.
- Chewable tablets. 1 tablet contains bilberry extract (25 mg), vitamin C, vitamin E, beta-carotene, zinc, selenium, xylitol, anhydrous silicon dioxide, methylcellulose, currant and mint flavors, stearic acid. The package includes 30 chewable tablets.
- Tablets without shell. The structure includes 100 mg of dried bilberry extract, lutein, vitamins A and E, zinc, selenium, cellulose powder, silica, gelatin. Pharmacies drug is supplied in cardboard boxes, including 1 blister of 30 tablets.
The active ingredients in Strix Forte have the following properties:
- strengthen the walls of the fundus vessels, increase visual acuity, eliminate the feeling of tiredness in the eyes, slow down the aging process in the organs of vision;
- prevent the development of night blindness;
- protect the eye retina by preventing the development of cataracts.
The drug is also available under the trade names Strix Kids and Forte.
The components of the chewable tablets for children have the following pharmacological effects:
- accelerate the metabolic processes in the tissues of the eyes, increase the tone of the vascular walls, normalize visual perception, prevent eye fatigue;
- stimulate the synthesis of rhodopsin (eye fundus pigment), improving color perception and other visual functions;
- increases the resistance of tissues to the effects of pathogenic microorganisms, increase local immunity;
- protects the organs of vision from the negative effects of free radicals;
- stimulate the process of converting nutrients into energy in the organs of vision and in the whole body.
The pharmacokinetic parameters of the substances that make up the dietary supplement have not been studied.
Indications for use
Strix Forte is used for the prevention and treatment of:
- eye fatigue syndrome caused by prolonged reading, writing, or working at a computer;
- myopia of a different nature;
- night blindness (impaired adaptation of the eyes to low light conditions);
- diabetic retinopathy;
- central and diffuse retinal dystrophy;
- idiopathic glaucoma;
- complications arising after surgical interventions in the organs of vision.
Chewable tablets, which are an additional source of vitamins and minerals, are used to protect the eyes when working at a computer, watching TV, and at increased loads during the study period.
The drug is not used in case of individual intolerance to the substances that make up the tablets.
How to take striks
The dosage of the drug depends on the age of the patient.
Adults need to take 2 tablets of Strix per day. Preventive course lasts a month. In the treatment of diseases of the organs of vision the duration of the course is set by the doctor. If surgical interventions are necessary, prophylactic administration begins one month before the operation.
Appointment of Strix to children
Chewable tablets are consumed during meals. The daily dose for children 4-6 years - 1 tablet. Children over 7 years old give 2 tablets per day, distributing the dose in 2 doses. The drug is taken within 1-2 months.
Taking the drug in diabetes
In diabetic retinopathy, it is recommended to take 2-4 tablets of Strix Forte per day. You need to be treated for at least six months.
In rare cases, allergies can occur in the form of itching, rashes, and urticaria while taking Strix.
In most cases, the dietary supplement is well tolerated by the body. In rare cases, allergic reactions can occur in the form of erythematous rashes, pruritus, urticaria.
In some cases, the doctor may recommend changing the dose or refusing to take Strix.
Compatibility with alcohol
The drug does not contain components that can interact with ethyl alcohol, but alcohol can reduce the effectiveness of treatment, adversely affecting the fundus vessels.
Influence on ability to operate mechanisms
Vitamin remedy does not cause side effects that can reduce concentration.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Active substances do not have a negative impact on the development of the fetus, so they can be used during pregnancy.
Allowed the use of food supplements and during lactation.
Cases of acute overdose are not recorded.
Interaction with other drugs
Strix tablets are compatible with most drugs.
The following drugs have a similar effect:
- Taufon (drops);
- Lutein Complex;
- Rumps with blueberries.
Pharmacy vacation terms
For the purchase of biologically active additives recipe is not required.
The average cost of 30 tablets is 500 rubles.
Strix storage conditions
The tablets are stored in their original packaging, at room temperature.
The drug is valid for 36 months from the date of manufacture.
Vitamin supplement has both negative and positive feedback from buyers and specialists.
Natalya, 43, Moscow, ophthalmologist: "Strix tablets are not a medicine, so they cannot be used as an independent remedy in the treatment of ophthalmic diseases. However, an additive with antioxidant properties increases the effectiveness of medicines, improves the condition of the organs of vision and positively affects whole body.
I often recommend chewable tablets for first-time children working on computers or studying at school. The drug does not cause side effects and has no contraindications. "
Sergey, 38, Tver, ophthalmologist: “I take a food supplement with drugs with unproven efficacy. I believe that this supplement does not justify its price. There are many more affordable vitamin preparations with similar effects. You can take an additive for preventive purposes, it does harm to the body does not bring. "
Strix has a minimum number of contraindications and side effects.
Olga, 33 years old, Kaluga: "This supplement was first used during pregnancy. At that time, my eyesight dropped dramatically. I chose the drug because it contains natural ingredients. There were no side effects, but there was no pronounced therapeutic effect either. The drug helped to get rid of the feeling of tiredness and dryness in the eyes, but the vision remained at the same level. Now I periodically take the drug to fill in the vitamin deficiency. "
Sofia, 23 years old, Barnaul: “I suffer from myopia since adolescence. I took Strix tablets to improve my eyesight for a month. I did everything according to the instructions. There was no improvement at all. When I got a job, I had a medical check-up that showed my eyesight had deteriorated. Therefore, I think that taking Strix is a waste of money. The tablets are not cheap. The course cost 1000 rubles. "
Kristina, 30 years old, Kazan: “I have been working in an office for over 5 years, so by the end of the day my eyes get tired and redden. I regularly do gymnastics, but began to notice that my eyesight had fallen. The ophthalmologist revealed myopia and prescribed several drugs. After taking Strix, I noticed that the clarity of vision increased, the tension in the eyes disappeared. Now I take the additive 2 times a year. "