Every person who suffers from diabetes should know how to increase blood sugar. Such knowledge will help to avoid such serious consequences as hypoglycemia. Although not only people suffering from diabetes can face this problem.
First of all, it is necessary to understand what exactly this condition is dangerous in and in case of its occurrence, how to raise the blood sugar level in order to avoid complications.
Hypoglycemia is a very dangerous condition, which is accompanied by various negative effects. This list includes:
- sometimes not very adequate behavior;
- brain damage, which in most cases is already irreversible;
- constant drowsiness;
- violation of orientation in space.
In addition, a sharp increase in sugar can cause scattered attention and obvious problems with concentration.
To prevent all the above symptoms, you should seek special medical care in a timely manner. And for this it is necessary to regularly measure the level of glucose in the blood and prevent such jumps.
You should also be aware of what exactly can raise blood sugar. The main danger is that the cause of this condition may be something. Including, poor nutrition, failure to comply with the correct mode of the day, constant stress, overstrain, as well as associated diseases. But, of course, these are only basic indicators that cause the development of such a state, there are other circumstances that also harm human health.
What is related to the list of root causes?
Some reasons that may raise blood glucose levels have already been described above, but this is only general information. In general, there are such reasons:
Blood sugar is reduced if the patient consumes purely low-calorie foods. And it makes it very small portions. It takes too much time between meals. As a result of this fasting, the body loses the required amount of sugar.
Large consumption of carbonated drinks, as well as alcohol leads to a sharp decrease in blood sugar levels. Excessive and very long physical exertion, especially if combined with fasting or diet.
And a certain group of medicines. They can negatively affect the work of various organs, including the pancreas, resulting in the production of diseased amounts of insulin. Or a negative impact on the work of the liver, which can also cause the development of a similar condition.
Non-compliance with the dosage of insulin or any other sugar-reducing drugs.
The study showed that very often high or, conversely, too low sugar is recorded in women who are in an interesting position. This is due to the fact that during pregnancy various processes occur in the body of a woman. Including, changing metabolism and the entire metabolism. Especially difficult is pregnancy with diabetes.
In this case, the woman needs to regularly measure her blood glucose level and monitor her condition in general.
How to recognize the symptoms?
It is no secret that medicine is very developed today. Therefore, in order to find out what the level of sugar in the blood is now, it is enough to carry out a simple analysis.
But, if the patient is faced with a situation that such a state begins to develop outside the medical institution, for example, it can be a home or work, as well as any other public place, then you should always remember which symptoms indicate the beginning of such a state. . It:
- profuse rush of blood to the face;
- feeling hot in the body;
- severe headaches as well as dizzy sensations in diabetes;
- there is a feeling of weakness, as if the body is wadded and difficult to perform elementary movements;
- recorded a strong tremor in the body.
If at least one of the above symptoms appears, you should immediately take all necessary measures and normalize your condition. And for this you need to know in advance how to quickly and effectively raise blood sugar levels.
There are quite a few tips, some of them are based on the use of purely medical methods to restore blood sugar levels, and some on folk methods. Of course, if we talk about how to normalize the indicator with the help of traditional medicine, then it is better to combine such treatment with standard procedures.
You should always remember that self-treatment often ends in failure.
And if time does not take effective measures, then we can allow the development of a complex form of hypoglycemia. And this, in turn, is fatal.
Sugar raising methods
So, if it’s interesting how to raise the level of glucose by folk remedies, then the main condition for such treatment is to follow strict recommendations regarding nutrition and general daily regimen, namely:
- Food is best taken in small portions at least five to six times a day.
- It is best to exclude from the diet, which consist of simple carbohydrates, for example, white bread, sweets, soda, beer and more.
- Add to the menu you need food, which contains a large amount of fiber and complex carbohydrates, it is with its help will be able to fill the lack of energy and glucose in general.
- In such situations, you should abandon the use of coffee, it stimulates the production of insulin, which, in turn, helps reduce glucose levels.
- It is better to abandon such bad habits as tobacco smoking.
- Enhancing the level of glucose in the body have breakfast, so you should not forget to eat after waking up.
Some patients try to follow a certain diet, it is important to remember that it must be completely balanced.
As mentioned above, any patient who suffers from diabetes should always take a drug that helps control the above-mentioned indicator in the body. Therefore, a violation of the dosage can also cause a sharp drop in blood sugar.
In addition, you can use the folk remedy. It may be:
- Natural honey - a product raising the level of sugar (approximately seventy grams per week will help to control glucose levels at the proper level).
- You can use any sweet jam with tea, but here it is important to observe the norm - not more than a teaspoon. Ideally, use sweets without sugar.
- Compliance with the diet (five to six times a day).
- Inclusion in the diet of fatty acids of the Omega-3 group, for example, seafood, pumpkin seeds, olive oil, sesame seeds and more.
- Eating foods that contain chromium (enough fruits, vegetables, seafood, seedlings and more).
It is best to follow the recommendations on nutrition, which gives the attending physician. You do not need to choose the diet yourself and exclude certain foods from it, otherwise you can provoke an even greater metabolic disorder, which, in turn, will cause a sharp jump or drop in blood sugar levels.
How to treat hypoglycemia will tell the expert in the video in this article.