Because of problems with the heart and blood vessels, most of the world's population suffers. This reason - the leader of fatal cases. Although cholesterol is important for the body, its high level is one of the main causes of heart disease. Most often, this disorder occurs in people in the 40+ category who smoke and neglect healthy foods. At revealing of pathology to the patient therapeutic measures are appointed.
If the disease is detected at the initial stage, the therapy is without drugs, and if the body has succumbed to high cholesterol for a long time, the patient is prescribed lipid-lowering drugs. One such agent is Gemfibrozil.
The release of the drug occurs in Russia and the Netherlands, in the form of tablets. Take it in conjunction with other therapeutic interventions. This includes a special diet and following a healthy lifestyle. It is an effective means and in a short time normalizes the level of lipoproteins in the blood.
It is not recommended to prescribe medication on your own. To know the advantages and disadvantages of the drug you need to know in detail about the mechanisms of action, indications and contraindications, the duration of the effect.
The drug belongs to lipid-lowering drugs. It was developed by scientists as a result of an attempt to invent clofibrate analogues. They did this in order to reduce the toxicity and aggressiveness of the drug. Its effect is aimed at suppressing the amount of "harmful" cholesterol and triglycerides, increasing beneficial cholesterol. Carries out the withdrawal of cholesterol through the liver.
The medicine is recommended to be used in the following cases:
- Primary hyperlipoproteinemia 2, 5, 4 types, which is not corrected by nutrition and loads.
- Hypertriglyceridemia (high level of triglycerides in the blood), in the case of not effective diet and other drugs.
- Secondary hyperlipoproteinemia arising on the background of gout, diabetes, hypothyroidism.
In addition to the evidence, the drug has its own limitations on the use. If a person has at least one item from the list, the medication should be discarded. The presence of evidence should determine the doctor. Contraindications include impaired kidney and liver function; pregnancy and lactation; high liver transaminase activity; minority; individual intolerance to the components; cirrhosis of the liver.
It is also not recommended to take medication for people who have alcoholic liver damage and after organ transplants. In some cases, it must be taken with caution. Any application must be agreed with the doctor. Relative prohibitions include:
- liver failure;
- chronic renal failure in severe stage;
- chronic cholecystitis;
- chronic alcoholism;
- in parallel with immunosuppressive treatment;
- rehabilitation after surgery.
It is not recommended to take the drug yourself, because the presence of evidence can only be determined by a specialist. Store tablets should be in a dry place, with low temperature and humidity. It is desirable that children should not have access to the site.
It is forbidden to take at the expiration date.
Gemfibrozil has instructions for use, a reasonable price and good reviews.
Medicine in pharmacies can be found in the form of tablets, 30 pieces in each package. The main active ingredient is gemfibrozil.
They should be taken thirty minutes before meals, twice a day. You need to drink two pills, dividing them into two doses and drinking plenty of water, without chewing. To use in the morning and in the evening.
The duration of such treatment will depend on the patient’s condition and individual characteristics. Basically, the course of taking the drug is 3 months. After it you need to take a break and repeat if necessary.
Already on the 5th day the effect of taking the medicine begins to appear, and the maximum effect falls on the 20-30 day of treatment. Some patients need to reduce the dosage, so the doctor reduces it to the number of one and a half tablets, they are taken in the evening at a time. It is impossible to increase the amount of medication, even if the patient missed an appointment at the right time.
For medication, there are notes that need to be fulfilled:
- During the treatment period, the patient is advised to do a blood test (INP) once every three weeks. With the help of tests, a specialist monitors the content of lipids in the patient’s blood.
- If during the reception there are muscle pain, you need to contact the doctor to exclude myositis. If the diagnosis is confirmed, it is necessary to stop using the medication.
- During therapy should adhere to a special menu that helps reduce the level of harmful cholesterol in the blood.
- If the patient has an abnormal liver function, you should regularly analyze the evidence of this organ.
This drug has side effects. Any manifestation on the background of the reception should be the reason for contacting the medical institution. If possible, give up the medication.
The side effect manifests itself in the form of:
- pain in the intestines;
- impaired stool;
- appetite suppressants;
- sexual dysfunction;
- temporary visual impairment (blurred picture, darkening of the image);
You can buy the drug at any pharmacy, without a prescription.
The price of the drug in Russia ranges from 1600 rubles.
The drug has no direct analogues.
In pharmacies, you can find products that have a similar mechanism of action and effect.
Preparations should be prescribed by a doctor, because they have a different basis and components.
It has more than one name for substitutes.
To analogs include:
- Lipantil is a foreign analogue that is available for the treatment of high cholesterol. Manufacturer - France. Tablets of cholesterol are made of fibroid acid, with the main active ingredient - fenofibrate. The cost of the medicine - from 800 rubles. There is also a similar drug, which has a similar name with the prefix 200.
- Omacor is a natural hypolipidemic agent, the basis of which is Omega 3 - polysaturated acids. They help lower cholesterol and prevent plaque formation. The manufacturer of the drug is Germany. It may also be prescribed in preventive measures against heart attack, stroke. The cost of the drug is from 1600 rubles.
In addition, the analogue is the drug Roxera, with the main component - rosuvastatin. Form release - pills. Packages are sold in 30 and 90 pieces. It is prescribed for disorders of lipid metabolism. For patients at risk is prescribed as a prophylactic against cardiac and vascular diseases. The cost of the medicine - from 800 rubles.
How to treat atherosclerosis will tell the expert in the video in this article.