What it is?
Gingivitis is called inflammation of the gums. Bring a mirror closer and look at your gums. Are they light pink? This is a good sign.
But if the gum tissues are red (especially the "triangles" between the teeth) and look swollen, perhaps this is gingivitis. Although 100% just say a dentist.
- blood circulation in soft tissues is disturbed;
- salivation often decreases, and then harmful bacteria can accumulate in the mouth;
- tooth enamel changes pathologically;
- immunity weakens.
It turns out that even careful care of the teeth and gums does not always help to avoid gingivitis in diabetes - very quickly this disease can occur and develop.
How dangerous is it?
By itself - almost none. Inflammation often affects only the surface of the gums, the jaw bones do not suffer. It is rather a signal that not everything is in order. But with diabetes, simple and light diseases do not happen. This means that gingivitis requires the attention of both the patient and his dentist.
How is it treated?
- Removing deposits on the teeth (they provoke inflammation of the gums). This is done only by a doctor!
- Anti-inflammatory therapy. At this stage, the mouth rinse regularly, make applications on the gums. Use for this broths and herbal infusions or fees, as well as special medicines.
Prevention of diabetes
- Careful sugar control is already one of the measures. Compensated diabetes is a minimum of complications, including in the dental plan.
- Attentive, without any laziness, hygiene of teeth and gums. For example, only brushing teeth with diabetes is not enough. It is important to thoroughly rinse your mouth after any snack.
- Going to the dentist should be constantly, according to the schedule prescribed by the doctor.
- If you smoke - throw urgently, do not add problems.
Remember that a violation of carbohydrate metabolism is difficult to be treated by a dentist. The fact is that diabetics lowered the pain threshold. And they get tired faster. And then it’s just impossible to sit in the doctor’s chair for a long time. So watch your teeth and gums - it will add to your health.
You can choose the right doctor and make an appointment right now: