This sauce in our country is very popular - many favorite dishes are seasoned with them.
Even fat and calorie content does not always stop lovers of tasty food.
But if overweight can be lost through exercise, then is it possible to have mayonnaise with type 2 diabetes?
Is it possible to mayonnaise with diabetes from the store?
At first it seems that mayonnaise, usually purchased in stores, is quite possible. After all, it consists mainly of oils and fats. The last in 1 tbsp. l sauce can be counted 11-11,7 g.
Neither proteins nor carbohydrates, which affect the percentage of sugar in the blood, in mayonnaise usually does not happen.
Sometimes they can still be found, but in small quantities. For example, the classic “Provensale” contains 3.1 g of proteins and 2.6 g of carbohydrates. The glycemic index of mayonnaise is on average 60 units.
There is also the following misconception: it is not the mayonnaise that harms, but the dishes that are usually used with it - sandwiches, potatoes in various forms. Therefore, some diabetics still decide to fill their favorite dishes with a small amount of mayonnaise.
However, not all fats are equally beneficial. So, polyunsaturated diabetics are undesirable. They can be found in soybean oil, which is most often included in the purchase of mayonnaise. It is advisable to stop the choice on monounsaturated fats - they are found in sauces made from olive oil. However, not in fat is the main problem.
To increase the shelf life of mayonnaise, ingredients are added to it that do not benefit even a healthy body. It:
- starch - as part of inexpensive mayonnaise, it acts as a thickener. However, a special diet prescribed for diabetes, just prohibits the use of what contains starch. The fact is that its breakdown to glucose leads to an increase in blood sugar levels;
- soy lecithin - Another component that makes the product thick. Some experts believe that many legumes today are genetically modified, and this does not add to health. Although quality legumes can even benefit diabetes;
- modified oils (trans fats) - a chemical product that the body neither splits, nor, accordingly, is unable to digest. Therefore, getting into the blood, trans fats begin to be deposited on the walls of blood vessels, liver, pancreas. Diabetic organs are already overloaded, so they definitely do not need modified oils;
- flavors and flavor enhancers - most often in mayonnaise can be found E620 or, as it is also called, glutamate. It can cause heart palpitations, migraines, and allergies. Such substances are also a burden on the body, which is extremely undesirable in diabetes;
- preservatives - they should not be found in products on the table of a diabetic. The problem is that it is not profitable to produce products without preservatives on an industrial scale - it quickly deteriorates. Therefore, in the store mayonnaise without preservatives will not meet.
Do not rely on the so-called "light" mayonnaise. Despite the fact that its caloric content is several times lower than usual, it brings more harm. The fact is that the natural components in such a product always change to artificial ones. There can be no talk of nutritional value here, but a lot of problems are acquired. Especially those who suffer from diabetes.
Can I have mayonnaise for homemade diabetes?
Such a product to use diabetics is quite possible, since there are definitely no artificial components in it. And there are so many recipes for such mayonnaise that every taste will be satisfied.
Homemade mayonnaise in type 2 diabetes is especially useful - patients with this diagnosis are overweight. And with the help of the store sauce, the number of kilograms increases quite quickly. The only way out is to season the food with homemade sauce.
For mayonnaise mayonnaise will need:
- yolks - 2 pcs.;
- olive oil - 120-130 ml. It is advisable to pay attention to the usual product, rather than cold-pressed oil, as its taste drowns out the rest;
- mustard - half a teaspoon;
- salt - the same amount;
- lemon juice - 2 tsp;
- stevia extract sweetener - 25 mg of powder. He is in this dosage is equivalent to half a teaspoon of sugar.
Before cooking, make sure that all ingredients are at room temperature.
You can start creating mayonnaise:
- in a non-metallic bowl, mix the yolks, extract, mustard and salt. It is better to use a mixer, setting it to the minimum capacity;
- then olive oil should be gradually added to the mixture;
- Again, you need to beat all the ingredients to a state of uniformity. If you get too thick sauce and do not like it, you can dilute it with a small amount of water.
For those diabetics who fast or follow a vegetarian diet, there is a recipe without eggs. This sauce is lighter than the previous one, so it may well please other fans of homemade food.
The ingredients for light mayonnaise are as follows:
- olive oil - half a glass;
- apples - 2 pcs. Looking sour;
- mustard and apple cider vinegar - on 1 h l .;
- salt, an analogue of sugar - taste.
The preparation procedure is as follows:
- fruits should be pre-peeled and peeled, and then mashed;
- Add mustard and apple cider vinegar in applesauce;
- All this should be whipped, in parallel, gradually pouring olive oil.
If the oil is confused as the main source of calories, you can try another recipe. It will require:
- cottage cheese - about 100 g. Considering that the recipe is dietary, cottage cheese is necessary for fat-free;
- yolk - 1 PC.;
- mustard or horseradish - 1 tsp;
- salt, greens, garlic - taste.
Cooking healthy and tasty mayonnaise should be as follows:
- cottage cheese must be slightly diluted in water, then beat. Beat until the consistency of the sauce is formed;
- Next, add the yolk to the mixture. Egg must first boil;
- Now you can add horseradish or mustard, salt;
- Greens serve as an excellent decor, and garlic - a natural flavor.
- sour cream - 250 ml. As in the case of cottage cheese from the previous recipe, sour cream should be skimmed.
- butter - 80 ml.
- mustard, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar - all components must be measured by 1 tsp.
- salt, pepper, turmeric - their number depends on individual taste preferences.
- honey - approximately 0.5 hours l.
You can start cooking:
- sour cream, lemon juice, mustard and apple cider vinegar should be mixed and whipped;
- in the process of whipping should gradually add oil;
- now came the turn of spices;
- do not forget about honey - it will soften the taste of mayonnaise.
Natural yogurt is perfect as a base. Ingredients are as follows:
- yogurt without additives and fat - half of one glass;
- yolk - 2 pcs.;
- mustard - half tablespoon;
- butter - half a glass;
- lemon juice - 1 tbsp. l As an alternative to lemon, vinegar can be used;
- salt - taste;
- sweetener - 25 mg.
- in the blender cup you need to pour the yolks. It is advisable to pre-cool them - this will contribute to a better whipping. Also at this stage mustard, sweetener, salt are added;
- All components are whipped with a blender set to minimum speed. In parallel, you need to pour a thin stream of oil. But not all, but only half of the quantity specified earlier;
- Now you can add lemon juice, yogurt. All this needs to be whipped again. Blender processing should be carried out until the mixture becomes slightly thick;
- At this stage, you need to remember the second half of the oil. It must be poured and mixed until viscosity appears;
- but the sauce is not ready yet - it needs to be placed in a refrigerator for infusion. It should be infused for 30 or 40 minutes in a plastic container under a tightly closed lid.
And another recipe for mayonnaise for diabetics:
If you have diabetes, you can eat mayonnaise at home. The most important thing is to be attentive to what is served on the table, with an emphasis on the naturalness of the product.