Patients with diabetes are largely forced to deny themselves.
Many are interested in the question of whether it is possible to bathe in a bath with diabetes mellitus type 2 and type 1.
Whether bath and type 2 diabetes are compatible depends on the response of the body to this ratio of elevated temperature and humidity.
For some, this may be one of the ways to treat diabetes, while for others it is better to refrain from manipulating steam and a broom.
The effects of the bath on the body of a diabetic
From a therapeutic point of view, a bath with diabetes mellitus type 2, as well as with type 1 disease, has a beneficial effect on the body and is a preventive measure against many complications.
The effectiveness of the bath in diabetes:
- warming expands blood vessels and relaxes muscles, which leads to an overall improvement of health, strengthen the body and immunity;
- removes insulin-binding substances from the body, which favorably affects the treatment;
- improves potency;
- normalizes blood circulation, activates the respiratory and cardiovascular systems. There are contraindications;
- It has a beneficial effect on the diabetic respiratory system, clearing the nasopharynx and improving its performance due to the high temperature in the steam room and humidity. Improved ventilation of the lungs, they are cleaned, the volume of the lungs increases. Such air relaxes the external and internal tissues of the respiratory organs, removes edema, prevents the secretion of mucus, helps to get rid of allergic reactions, runny nose, laryngitis, pharyngitis, sinusitis;
- It has a positive effect on the kidneys and urinary system. The adrenaline produced by the adrenal glands rises, changing homeostasis and electrolytes in the kidneys. Potassium excretion changes, diuresis decreases, sodium excretion in urine is halved;
- positive effect on the nervous system of diabetic. Emotional activity significantly decreases almost immediately due to outflow of blood from the brain. This makes it possible to relax, overcome chronic fatigue and accumulated stress. After the procedure itself will be observed, on the contrary, a surge of strength. It is also noted that the bath allows you to reduce headaches and improve sleep;
- significantly affects the endocrine and digestive system of a patient with diabetes, having an anabolic effect on the body. The thyroid gland, which is indirectly associated with diabetes, is changing for the better. At high temperatures, the functioning of the intestines changes, slags and toxins are removed from the body, metabolism and skin condition improves. This is due to the fact that during warming up pathogenic microorganisms die, the pores become clean, acne and acne disappear. After the bath it is worth not to forget about the consumption of a sufficient amount of fluid, since during the procedure it is lost;
- enhances the effect of medication for the treatment of diabetes. Therefore, it is necessary to refrain from taking medications in front of the bath and not to inject insulin into the body, or to correctly calculate the dosage, taking into account the visit to the steam room. The best way is to eat a couple of lumps of sugar during the procedure, if necessary;
- reduces the likelihood of diabetic neuropathy, when at elevated levels of sugar and lipids in the blood affects the smallest blood vessels and nerve fibers.
Experts recommend visiting couples for: disorders of the bowels, gastric and duodenal ulcers, constipation, cholecystitis and dyspepsia, in postoperative conditions (after six months). Contraindications for severe diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, diarrhea and vomiting.
You can bathe in the bath with diabetes no more than once a week.
In the bath between treatments, you can drink moderately sweet infusions from various herbs: wormwood, wild rosemary, or a decoction of bean pods, which have a positive effect on the body.
For example, it helps to reduce the level of sugar in the blood infusion of prune leaves, which insist about 4 hours immediately before the procedure. An abrupt change in temperature is not recommended - after the bath, you should not immediately douche with cold water or jump into an icy stream.
What is useful for some, for diabetics, is an extra load on the vessels, which can aggravate their condition, giving complications. In any case, you should always carry something sweet with you that will help to overcome some ailments and prevent unpleasant consequences. And also do not forget the special medications that can normalize glycemia in time (blood sugar content).
In the bath or sauna it is worth going with trusted people who will be able to help. It is not recommended to be alone.
2-3 hours before the procedure does not cost anything to eat, alcohol is prohibited. If there are no complications, then some fruits and berries can be taken.
It can be apples, currants, kiwi - something that is not high in calories and moderately sweet. In this case, you should control your state yourself. Take preventive measures, observe hygiene before visiting the bath due to the fact that diabetics are susceptible to fungal diseases and various infections, including skin infections.
Therefore, it is recommended to take with her herbal brooms from: Hazel (positively influences diabetes, varicose veins, ulcers); birch (cleanses the skin, saturating it with vitamins, it is useful for cleaning the respiratory tract, with colds); bird cherry, oak, rowan, pine needles.
Some of these herbs soothe and tone up, some - give vigor and energy. In any case, they affect the body positively, killing pathogenic bacteria. You should not consider the bath as the only complete treatment for diabetes. Only in combination with other necessary therapeutic procedures, it can be useful.
Diabetes and sauna are not compatible with the following diseases and conditions:
- symptoms of diabetes: feeling weak, nausea, vomiting, and more. In this condition, of course, no one will go to the bath. In this case, you need to give yourself first aid or to seek help from doctors;
- with ketoacidosis. If an appropriate body, a ketone, is formed in the blood, their accumulation causes problems with the work of the kidneys, which do not cope with their cleansing system. The result is a high acidity of the blood. In this case, and with other consequences of such an illness, visiting the bath is prohibited, as this may lead to diabetic coma;
- if there are any problems, skin diseases: furunculosis in the active phase, pustules, open wounds and the like. Infection can go all over the body, since sweat released from steam leads to an increase in the number of these harmful microorganisms;
- diabetes in conjunction with a cardiovascular disease can lead to myocardial infarction or stroke. This happens as a result of a high load on the diabetic's heart; in the bath, the frequency of contraction increases by 60-70%. At the same time, cardiac output increases, and the blood flow time drops by more than 2 times. Massage with brooms also has a high load on the cardiovascular system.
- Contraindications are the following diseases: chronic cystitis; urolithiasis; jade; urinary tract or kidney tuberculosis; chronic inflammation of the prostate and testicles; epilepsy; myasthenia gravis; central paralysis; Parkinson's disease and migraines;
- The impetus for the occurrence of diabetes complications can be a wrong, long-term stay in the bath. In connection with overheating, a heat stroke occurs, which will entail serious consequences;
- An increase in body temperature also reduces the amount of nutrients that interact with insulin. Due to unforeseen consequences, a coma occurs - hypoglycemic coma.
A recommendation in such cases would be a ban on visiting such places, which can lead to such complications.
What is useful to visit the bath and to whom the entrance to the steam room is strictly prohibited, you can learn from this video:
If there are no contraindications, following all the rules and recommendations, a bath for type 2 diabetes and type 1 disease is allowed. Her visit will have a positive effect on your well-being, and will also have a sugar-reducing effect. Just before going to the sauna you should still consult with your doctor.