Is it possible to eat eggs with type 2 diabetes? Diabetes eggs, being a dietary product, are indicated and useful for the vast majority of patients.
However, for diabetics there are restrictions on both consumption (not more than two chicken per day), and on the method of preparation - it is recommended to boil or steam them (you can not fry using animal fats).
Diabetics can eat eggs of various origins, ranging from chicken, quail eggs and ending with ostrich. In the absence of allergic reactions, patients with diabetes can eat eggs with diabetes in raw form, however, the product needs washing with running water with detergents in order to avoid infection.
The abuse of a raw product is unacceptable for two reasons, firstly, raw protein is a rather complicated product for processing by the body and, secondly, because of the risk of infection with salmonellosis, a very dangerous disease, especially for diabetics. The glycemic index of chicken eggs, in general, is equal to 48 units, and if taken separately, the GI protein is 48 units, and the yolk - 50.
Eggs in type 2 diabetes: what can and does not?
In general, diabetes and chicken eggs - a combination of acceptable. Depending on the category, and it may be first, second and third, the weight of the chicken product is in the range from 30 to 70 grams or more.
The color of the shell is brown or white. The form can be varied - oval with an elongated spout or round. Neither the color of the shell, nor the form, in any way, does not affect the taste.
When making a choice when buying, you should pay attention to:
- on the shell. It must be undamaged, clean;
- they must be the same in size;
- a special stamp with information about the quality of the product is required on the shop item, dietary is an egg or a table, as well as what category or grade it is.
In order to determine the freshness of the product, you should pay attention to its surface. The fresh product is glossy, not matte. In addition, it should be shaken around the ear - while it should be weighty and not make any sounds. Otherwise, such an egg is damaged and should not be taken.
With diabetes, a boiled egg is a guaranteed boost of energy and vigor throughout the day. In addition, this dietary product:
- support the body’s immunity against viruses;
- strengthen the nervous system in the presence of stressful situations, relieve depression and melancholy;
- ensure the implementation in the body of normal metabolic processes.
As for protein, it is digested better than other products in the gastrointestinal tract, as it contains easily digestible amino acids.
Regarding the yolk, it should be said that it contains a lot of useful minerals and various vitamins. For example, B3 improves blood circulation, and minerals: phosphorus, sulfur, iron, copper, zinc - increase the concentration of hemoglobin.
The glycemic index of boiled eggs is 48 units. Diabetes omelet is also not a forbidden dish. The glycemic index of an omelet is 49 units.
It is best to steam it without adding butter and milk, only in this case the glycemic index of the fried eggs will not be high.
However, chicken eggs in type 2 diabetes mellitus should be introduced into the diet with caution due to the fact that there are risks of allergic manifestations, as well as due to the fact that they contain cholesterol.
It is recommended for diabetics, whose age has exceeded the mark of forty years, in the presence of heart malfunctions, limit to consuming no more than three pieces per week.
Quail eggs and type 2 diabetes - a much more useful combination. They are superior in value and nutrition, any other, including the production of chickens.
For them, there are no contraindications to use. They contain many natural substances necessary for the body, its health and productive activities.
Diabetics should not only eat quail eggs as a dietary food, but even undergo therapy. For example, in one of the treatment courses for a diabetic, 250 quail eggs are required, with a duration of therapy of about six months.
You can eat eggs with diabetes on an empty stomach for three pieces and gradually increase the number to six. As a rule, if the treatment regimen recommended and supervised by specialists is observed, the therapeutic effect is such that a patient can reduce the blood sugar concentration by at least one and a half - two units.
As for the quail eggs themselves, they have the following advantages:
- they completely lack cholesterol;
- do not have substances that cause allergic reactions;
- their use is welcomed in raw form;
- they are not infected with salmonella.
With regular use of products of quail farms in addition to the therapeutic effect for diabetics can be achieved:
- increase visual acuity;
- enhancing the protective functions of the body by strengthening the immune system;
- normalization of the nervous system.
Ostrich eggs and type 2 diabetes - the combination is also not prohibited. Compared to the above species, they are a huge two-kilogram product with white shells. By weight, one ostrich approximately corresponds to three and a half dozen chicken eggs.
For the use of diabetics, to cook it, for example, soft-boiled, it takes at least three quarters of an hour. And the preparation of it scrambled eggs for diabetes, is equal to 10 normal servings. The specific taste discourages the whole hunt of eating it raw.
Ostrich egg compared to chicken
Exotic product contains many useful ingredients:
- vitamins A and E, as well as B2;
- minerals of calcium, phosphorus and potassium;
- lysine, which affects the immune system;
- treanin that takes part in the production of antibodies;
- alanine, which is a participant in the production of glucose.
It is not devoid of such a common deficiency as the presence of cholesterol, but it is much less than in chicken. With the frequent use of ostrich eggs, they can adversely affect the work of the kidneys. And allergic reactions are not uncommon.
Benefit and harmChicken eggs in type 2 diabetes have the following advantages:
- their protein is easily perceived by the body;
- amino acids are elements of the construction of cells;
- lysocin inhibits microbes;
- minerals strengthen bones, as well as hair, nail plates and teeth;
- vitamin A preserves the organs of vision;
- Vitamin E helps to strengthen the blood vessels;
- toxins and wastes are removed from the body.
There are several disadvantages, why you can not eat eggs with diabetes:
- there is a lot of cholesterol;
- there may be salmonella microbes;
- with the abuse of a raw product, pathology such as biotin deficiency may occur, which is accompanied by a decrease in immunity, skin grayness and loss of hair.
As for the product of quails, its advantage is that:
- vitamin group affects both the immune and the nervous system;
- minerals contribute to the treatment of heart disease;
- Amino acids affect the production of various enzymes as well as hormones.
Quails have practically no contraindications except for those patients who individually do not tolerate animal protein.
Ostrich are composed of a small amount of both fat and cholesterol, and the richness of vitamins along with minerals affect the immune system and the vital activity of the body. As for harm, here it is necessary to indicate only the possibility of individual allergic reactions.
Regarding chicken eggs, it is recommended to adhere to these rules:
- soft-boiled eggs are recommended for diabetics;
- For a variety of dishes you can cook steamed omelets;
- raw eggs with diabetes are often impossible to eat;
- boiled eggs for diabetes can be added to the diet for one and a half pieces per day, including their presence in salads;
- optimal storage time of no more than one month, while observing the temperature from 2 to 5 degrees Celsius.
As for quail eggs, the admission rules are simple:
- per day not more than six pieces;
- reception only on an empty stomach;
- A doctor may be prescribed a course of therapy lasting up to six months or more;
- storage mode from 2 to 5 degrees, duration - up to two months.
Ostrich eggs should be boiled for an hour. In their raw form they are not consumed because of the specific features - smell and taste. Shelf life - for three months at a temperature similar to the other products.
Is it possible to eat raw eggs of hens and quails with diabetes? How many eggs can you have in diabetes? Answers in the video:
So, is it possible to eat eggs with type 2 diabetes? For diabetics as well as other patients, the use of eggs is a good energy, as well as a vitamin aid for immunity and general strengthening of the body. However, all this is true if you use them in moderation and recommended by specialists.