Sea buckthorn oil is a unique herbal medicine that concentrates all the benefits of sea buckthorn berries. It is widely used to treat wounds, burns, runny nose, sore throat, stomatitis, gingivitis, gynecological problems and diseases of the digestive system.
But today, doctors and traditional healers are increasingly talking about the benefits of sea buckthorn oil for pancreatic health. According to them, this herbal remedy has a beneficial effect on the body, helps to improve its condition and normalize its work.
In this regard, many patients are interested in the question: is it possible to drink sea buckthorn oil with pancreatitis? Before answering it, it is necessary to consider in detail what composition has sea buckthorn oil, what useful properties it has and how it affects the inflamed pancreas.
Sea buckthorn oil is prepared by infusing dried berries or oilcake in vegetable oil, most often sunflower oil. In the process of preparation, the oil base absorbs all the useful components of the plant and acquires its medicinal properties.
At the same time, the oil has a natural preservative quality and allows you to preserve the valuable properties of sea buckthorn for a long time. In addition, it softens the high acidity of sea buckthorn and reduces its irritant effect on the mucous membranes of the stomach and esophagus.
Sea buckthorn oil extract is suitable for both external use and for oral administration. Therefore, this tool is recommended for treatment of a whole list of diseases and general body strengthening, as well as a cosmetic.
The composition of sea buckthorn oil:
- Vitamins: A (beta-carotene), groups B (B1, B2, B3, B6, B9), C, E, K, and P;
- Minerals: calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, zinc, phosphorus, aluminum, nickel and cobalt;
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids: Omega-3, Omega-6 and Omega-9;
- Saturated fatty acids: palmitic acid, stearic acid and myristic acid;
- Organic acids: tartaric, oxalic, malic and succinic;
- Essential amino acids;
The beneficial properties of sea buckthorn oil:
- Anti-inflammatory. Quickly relieves inflammation and promotes early tissue repair;
- Antimicrobial. Effectively fights against any pathogenic microorganisms, including pathogenic bacteria and viruses;
- Pain reliever Helps relieve spasms and relieves pain;
- Protective. It protects the tissues of the body from various harmful factors, such as the effects of toxins and free radicals, the effects of stress and poor ecology;
- Restorative. Significantly enhances the immune system, thereby increasing the protective functions of the body;
- Cleansing. Promotes gentle cleansing of the intestines and excretion of toxins from the body;
- Rejuvenating Helps fight the signs of aging and prolongs the youth of a person;
- Normalizing. Normalizes metabolic processes in the body, especially the fat metabolism, due to which it allows you to lose extra kilos;
- Anti-infarction. Strengthens the heart muscle and vascular walls, increases their elasticity, reduces the level of bad cholesterol, prevents the formation of blood clots and cholesterol plaques, significantly improves the functioning of the heart.
Such a high value of this herbal preparation for health is explained by synergism, that is, the mutual enhancement of the action of all its beneficial components.
Sea buckthorn oil with pancreatitis
Sea buckthorn oil infusion is a popular drug for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. Especially effective it helps in the treatment of gastritis, gastric ulcers and duodenal ulcers. Therefore, many patients believe that sea buckthorn oil will also be useful in inflammation of the pancreas, but in reality this is not the case.
Sea buckthorn oil is strictly contraindicated in acute pancreatitis and exacerbation of the chronic form of the disease. The fact is that this product contains a large amount of organic acids and fat, which can exert a significant load on the diseased organ and cause severe pain, vomiting and diarrhea.
There are frequent cases when the use of oil from sea-buckthorn berries during acute pancreatitis provoked a new attack of the disease and led to severe complications, including pancreatic necrosis. But it is especially dangerous to use this tool while the course of cholecystitis and pancreatitis.
Sea buckthorn oil in chronic pancreatitis can be used only in the period of remission, because during the exacerbation it is equal to the acute form of the disease. Also, this drug is allowed to use patients who have had acute pancreatitis and are at the stage of recovery.
How to take sea buckthorn oil with pancreatitis:
- Take the oil in a small amount, the ideal dosage is 1 teaspoon three times a day;
- You need to drink oil on an empty stomach 30 minutes before a meal. This will allow the oil extract to be better absorbed, to reveal all its beneficial properties and to have a protective and enveloping effect on the digestive system;
- Oil can be drunk pure or watered vegetable salads. You can not add sea buckthorn oil in meat dishes, soups and cereals. It is allowed to eat only with easily digestible vegetables;
- Patients who follow a therapeutic diet for pancreatitis, it is important to bear in mind that sea buckthorn oil is the purest fat that should be strictly metered in this disease. Therefore, taking oily infusion of sea buckthorn should be excluded from the diet of plant or animal fats;
- The general course of treatment of the pancreas with sea buckthorn oil should be at least 1 month.
Doctors unanimously acknowledge that sea buckthorn oil for the pancreas can be an extremely useful remedy. However, as noted above, for this to happen, the disease must be in a stage of prolonged remission or at the stage of recovery.
According to doctors, taking sea buckthorn oil helps to restore damaged pancreatic cells and restore all organ functions. But it is important to remember that sea buckthorn itself is forbidden in case of pancreatitis, you can use only an oil extract of this plant, and not fresh juice or an infusion of berries.
In addition, attention should be paid to the correct choice of high-quality sea buckthorn oil. So doctors advise to buy this tool only in pharmacies and only with the label "for oral administration." At the same time, doctors categorically do not recommend buying sea-buckthorn oil from the hands, since it can be made from low-quality ingredients.
Many patients prefer to prepare the oil extract of sea buckthorn at home, but doctors do not advise them to do it, and here's why. First, at home it is more difficult to follow the recipe and sea buckthorn oil can be either overly concentrated or too weak.
Secondly, at home it is more difficult to monitor the process of preparing a medicine, and any disruption in it can make the oil useless and even dangerous. Pharmaceutical companies do not have such problems, as specialists and computer equipment follow the manufacture of sea buckthorn oil extract, which guarantees high quality products.
The benefits and harms of sea buckthorn oil are discussed in the video in this article.