Most older people have several chronic illnesses. There is always an increase in pressure among them, which is explained by the wear and tear of the vessels, since during life they are affected by various factors - stress, smoking, alcohol, elevated blood glucose and lipids. All this makes the vascular wall thinner and causes it to atrophy, making it not so elastic, which contributes to an increase in pressure.
There are many medications for treating hypertension. Some have a good evidentiary program base, but at the same time they are terribly expensive, while the others have an acceptable cost without a confirmed therapeutic effect. That is why many are finding how to treat hypertension using traditional methods. Indeed, often in nature there is an analogue with the same properties.
Treatment of hypertension folk remedies is becoming increasingly popular. They are all different, because they have different plants in the recipe, so that each person will find a means to his own taste. Some of them can be assembled by hand, others can be purchased at a store near your home.
Berries against increasing pressure
Vitamin C deficiency may indirectly lead to hypertension and hypertensive crisis. It has an effect on the elasticity of blood vessels, not allowing them to thicken. Ascorbic acid also acts on cholesterol molecules, contributing to its processing in the liver and excretion through the intestines. This vitamin is found in many foods, such as Kalina, lemon and cranberries. Raw materials from them can be easily found at any time of the year, it is very useful not only as an antihypertensive, but also as an immunomodulatory during the cold season.
In Kalina, in addition to ascorbic acid, there are still many healing substances - pectin, fatty acids, alkaloids, antioxidants, flavonoids and vitamin K, all of which have a beneficial effect on the myocardium, maintaining the structure of the heart cells in a tone.
Antioxidants at the same time reduce the percentage of peroxidation in the tissues, which has a positive effect on vascular intima.
Flavonoids can reverse atherosclerotic plaques. At the same time the blood flow is restored, the arterial pressure decreases, the general condition improves. The most popular are such recipes of alternative medicine:
- Kalinovaya tea - made from pre-brewed black or green tea. The berries pounded with sugar and a lemon are added to it. If desired, you can add honey to sweeten the drink. You can drink in unlimited quantities, especially in the cold season.
- Viburnum marmalade. To prepare it, you will need an oven or a slow cooker, in which the berries should be stewed for several hours. After that, you must add an equivalent amount of sugar or sugar substitute. Mix thoroughly until completely dissolved. There is a little every day, regardless of the meal, you can with viburnum tea or broth.
- A decoction of viburnum - this will need bark and branches collected recently. It is necessary to grind them, pour cold water and bring to a boil. Drink strained half a cup of tea a day in the morning on an empty stomach. It has anti-edema properties, removing excess water, increasing renal blood flow. This reflexively reduces pressure figures.
The use of Kalin juice with honey has proven itself well - berries, previously scalded with boiling water, should be ground in a blender or minced.
Add honey, better dark, for example, buckwheat, as it has more useful properties.
Citrus - a storehouse of nutrients from pressure
The use of citrus in food and as a therapeutic agent allows you to effectively control the parameters of blood pressure.
Lemon in its composition has a number of components that contribute to reducing pressure.
It also contains a very large amount of vitamin C, which is not only in the pulp, but also in the peel.
Also in it there are other beneficial substances that have a beneficial effect on the body:
- Provitamin A, also known as retinol, is responsible not only for preserving twilight vision, but also for the cellular structure, it is embedded in the cell membrane, supporting its structure, giving it elasticity and elasticity, for vessels this is an irreplaceable property;
- nicotinic acid affects the exchange of cholesterol in the tissues, reduces the number of its precursors, as a result of which the number of atherogenic particles decreases, as does the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases, in particular angina pectoris;
- Riboflavin is one of the most important elements in the synthesis of red blood cells, in particular erythropoietin, under the influence of which red blood cells leave the bone marrow, it also contributes to high-quality oxygenation of blood.
Lemon is quite a popular fruit in all countries. It is added to tea, salads, various dishes, eaten raw and drink juice. Hypertension is also taken in different forms, depending on individual preferences.
Marmalade can be cooked by grated fruit, adding sweetener and a little honey. Optionally, you can combine with viburnum - so nutrients will be twice as much. Take a teaspoon before each meal;
Infusion of lemon - you need to take three juicy and ripe fruit, a few cloves of garlic and a spoonful of honey, mince or chop in a blender. Then pour boiling water of about a liter volume and leave for a day in a dark, cold place to infuse. Take in the morning before breakfast, a tablespoon for three months;
Alcohol tincture is taken with caution in people with liver disease. For the preparation you will need 500 milliliters of vodka and zest from a few lemons. It is necessary to insist in a dark place for two weeks. Take twenty drops on an empty stomach in the morning.
For the next recipe, you need honey, lemon, and wild rose in equal proportions. All this should be crushed and put in the refrigerator, placing in a tightly twisting jar for three days. Take three teaspoons in the morning and evening.
Drinking tea with honey and lemon is the easiest way to reduce pressure, especially since you can drink it in unlimited quantities. Tea can be taken any - black, green, karkade, herbal, depending on personal preferences.
It is advisable to drink the drink is not burning hot, but just warm - so the tool will act more efficiently, because the effect is achieved faster due to the relaxing effect of warm drinking on the vagus nerve.
Delicious cranberry recipes
Cranberry is a berry containing a lot of therapeutic compounds.
Cranberry has long been considered a storehouse of vitamins, it has been used in the treatment of many different diseases.
As part of the cranberry fruit, a large number of biologically active components have been identified.
The following compounds were found in their composition:
- flavonoids - plant substances that are in very high concentration in the berries, they have a beneficial effect on the intima of blood vessels, strengthening it and preventing the development of microcracks;
- Oleic acid is a powerful plant antioxidant, promotes healing of vascular damage;
- Ursolic acid has a significant anti-inflammatory effect on the damaged endothelium, also has a decongestant effect, facilitating the work of the heart and reducing the heart rate;
- B vitamins - they protect the nervous system from the destruction of myelin - the nervous membrane that provides the passage of nerve impulses, are also useful for nails and hair;
- proanthocyanides - are anticarcinogenic substances, slow down malignant processes, cleanse the body from the decay products of tumors;
- Potassium is one of the most important vitamins for the heart, it keeps the amount and rhythm of heart contractions under control.
All cranberry recipes have a pleasant taste, but their main feature is to get rid of the symptoms of hypertension in adults. These include headache, tinnitus, weakness, lethargy, nausea, vomiting, and dizziness. Cranberries can also lower intracranial pressure, which reduces the effect on the brain. All recipes are simple and beneficial in cooking and have many positive reviews:
- For the first recipe you will need 500 grams of fresh or freshly frozen cranberries, one large or two medium oranges, one lemon with a thin peel. Put all this in a blender, chop, add a little honey. Take two teaspoons before meals in the morning.
- The following recipe requires the same amount of honey and cranberry. Place the food in the combine and chop it, put it in a tight-fitting container. Store in the refrigerator for no more than ten days, take one teaspoon fifteen minutes before breakfast.
- You can also make healthy and non-standard drinks from cranberries. It will take a pound of berries, which you want to knead with a fork, pour in a hundred milliliters of warm water and leave for twenty minutes. After that - strain, add a little honey or sugar, if desired, put a slice of lemon. Drink a few sips shortly before meals. This recipe is also useful for diabetes.
If there is a juicer, the following recipe is just for that.
You need to take the desired amount of berries, squeeze them, add an equivalent amount of boiled or filtered water, drink half a glass in the morning immediately after getting up.
Plant seeds to combat hypertension
In addition to berries, other products are used in the treatment of hypertension.
Seeds of various plants have found wide application in the fight against hypertonic manifestations.
For example, sunflower seeds contain many cardioprotective compounds.
Such compounds and components of various seeds are:
- Nicotinic acid, which destroys cholesterol plaques and contributes to high-quality blood flow through the arteries;
- Potassium and magnesium - affect the work of the heart cells, help saturate the myocardium with oxygen, dilate the coronary vessels, which prevents ischemia and necrosis. At the same time in the seeds of potassium is several times more than in the berries;
- Sodium - is the main ion of the human body, is part of the potassium-sodium pump, which maintains normal osmotic pressure, preventing the destruction of the cell wall;
- The iodine contained in the seeds has a beneficial effect on the thyroid gland. It helps to maintain a normal background for adequate regulation of blood pressure and prevent its fluctuations.
A decoction of sunflower seeds is easy to prepare. This requires raw seeds, in the amount of a pound and 2 liters of water.
Combine these products in a saucepan, put on a small fire, bring to a boil and cook for three hours, then strain the broth thoroughly.
Chilled liquid to drink half a glass before breakfast for a month, but the course can continue longer.
Simple recipes from common foods.
Still effective seeds from hypertension are fennel seeds. They contain, besides vitamins and microelements, also anetin.
This substance is very useful for hypertensive property - it dilates the blood vessels, removing signs of vascular spasm, as a result of which the pressure decreases. In addition, it has sedative properties, which provides relaxation and reduction of unpleasant symptoms of high blood pressure.
In addition, dill has a diuretic effect. From hypertension take tincture of dill herb: chopped raw material is poured with water at the rate of 1 to 5. It is necessary to insist not less than an hour, then strain. Drink 100 milliliters five times a day, regardless of the meal, but preferably at regular intervals. The only contraindication is an allergic reaction to dill.
Another product for hypertension that is available and easy to use is apple cider vinegar. It contains:
- Amino acids, which are the building blocks for muscles and blood vessels;
- Tannins - natural antioxidants that remove toxic substances from the body, is also found in wheat;
- Carotene - useful for retinal vessels with increased intraocular and intracranial pressure.
Vinegar is useful even for isolated systolic hypertension and atherosclerosis.
The easiest recipe from vinegar is to dilute one teaspoon in a glass of water; honey is added in small amounts to improve the taste. Drink it once a day, preferably in the morning. Daily dose of no more than two glasses. It should be noted that apple cider vinegar can increase gastric acidity, therefore, people with a tendency to gastritis and ulceration before taking should consult with your doctor.
The best folk remedies for hypertension are discussed in the video in this article.