In modern medicine, there are no methods and ways to permanently get rid of diabetes. It is impossible to restore pancreatic cells responsible for insulin production.
But patients suffering from this disease may well improve the quality of life and eliminate symptoms due to lifestyle changes, diet and some preventive measures, including sanatorium treatment.
Spa treatment for patients with diabetes mellitus type 1 and 2
Sanatorium treatment is indicated for patients suffering from mild and moderate severity of type 1 and type 2, who are in a state of stable compensation, if the patient has a tendency to acidosis, the presence of an initial stage of angiopathy or diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, the circulatory system or urination.
As a rule, staying in sanatorium conditions and going through the procedures prescribed by a doctor, as well as observing the daily routine for 14 or more days gives a good result. After completion of the course, experts note a steady decline in sugar levels to normal, even in those patients who did not take sugar-reducing drugs.
In addition, patients with diabetes of moderate and mild severity have improved vascular function, increased blood circulation and nerve endings in the areas of secondary angiopathy, as well as a reduction in pain until their complete disappearance.
What treatments are offered to diabetics?
Sanatorium treatment is complex. The cycle of measures includes measures aimed at eliminating symptoms, improving the quality of life, as well as preventing complications and the development of the disease itself.
To achieve their goals, experts conduct the following types of procedures:
- diet therapy. Diet is the main fight against diabetes. In order to stabilize the patient’s state of health, it is necessary to include in the diet a large amount of slow carbohydrates (for example, soy products), as well as high-grade protein, vegetables and fruits containing the minimum amount of glucose. It is mandatory to exclude sweets, pickles, muffins, fatty meats, fried foods and other varieties of delicacies that can cause deterioration from the menu. Equally important is the way the process itself is organized. Nutrition in diabetics should be fractional (should be eaten up to 6 times a day in small portions). As a rule, patients with insulin-dependent and non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus are offered two different diet options. It is extremely important to adapt to proper nutrition in sanatorium conditions;
- mineral water treatment. Regular intake of magnesium-rich mineral water helps to improve lipid metabolism, increase the sensitivity of insulin receptors, enhances the production of enzymes that promote the absorption of glucose by the tissues. Water intake is usually prescribed 1 glass 3 times a day. The temperature is chosen in accordance with the presence or absence of gastrointestinal diseases accompanying the course of diabetes;
- mineral baths. They mainly use oxygen baths, radon, carbon dioxide or carbon dioxide-hydrogen sulphide. Regular baths help to improve the immune system, prevent the development of angiopathy, increase neurocirculation and normalize the process of metabolism;
- mud therapy It is carried out under strict medical supervision and not in all cases, since the use of mud can activate the work of the adrenal glands, which only aggravates the patient's condition;
- physiotherapy activities (ozone, dry carbon dioxide baths, etc.);
The best sanatoria where diabetes is treated
The choice of a sanatorium for the treatment of diabetes should be carried out based on the range of activities offered by the specialists, as well as on the place (region) of its location.
As mentioned above, sanatoriums that provide the appropriate treatment, necessarily use the course of therapy mineral water and their components, which allows to achieve the maximum result.
Among the best toasts of the Russian Federation, where diabetics can get a decent treatment, include the following health organizations:
- Sanatorium named after MI Kalinin in the city of Yessentuki (a rehabilitation center for patients with diabetes here has been operating for over 20 years);
- Center for medical rehabilitation “Ray” in the city of Kislovodsk;
- Sanatorium named M.Yu. Lermontov in the city of Pyatigorsk;
- Basic Clinical Sanatorium "Victoria" in the city of Yessentuki;
- Toast Lago-Naki in the Republic of Adygea.
The listed toasts make treatment tactics on the intake of mineral water, as well as on the use of mud components, which contributes a lot to the restoration of the patient's health. In addition, the range of measures aimed at improving the condition also includes physiotherapy, balneological measures and many others.
The number of the best foreign resorts where the treatment of diabetes of various types is carried out includes:
- Sanatorium “Birch Grove” in the city of Mirgorod (Ukraine);
- PJSC “Truskavetskurort” (Ukraine);
- Sanatorium “Belorusochka” in Minsk (Belarus);
- “Lepel” military sanatorium in the city of Lepel (Belarus);
- Sanatorium "Kazakhstan" in Almaty (Kazakhstan).
In these institutions, patients with diabetes can receive not only treatment with mineral waters, but also experience the methods of laser reflexotherapy, active physical training, and so on.
Currently, rehabilitation of persons with disabilities is carried out in almost all sanatoria of the Russian Federation. It all depends on the material base of the health care institution and the mood of the doctors.
In some situations, specialists carry out rehabilitation of persons with disabilities, even if the sanatorium does not specialize in such activities.
If you belong to the number of patients in this category, it is necessary to clarify whether this or that sanatorium will accept you, individually.
Recreation and recreation for diabetic children
Sanatorium treatment for children suffering from diabetes from an early age is recommended by specialists of different skill levels. The passage of such therapy can improve the quality of life of the child, as well as to prevent further development of complications.
The toasts that treat diabetic children for treatment include establishments in the city of Yessentuki:
- Pension “Victoria”;
- Sanatorium named after MI Kalinin;
- Sanatorium "Hope".
You can also go for treatment in the sanatoriums located in the Moscow region: “Sosny” in Ramensky district, “Tishkovo” in the area of Pestovsky and Uchinsky reservoirs and others.
The listed toasts are in a coniferous forest and have a full material base required for sanatorium events.
The cost of spa treatment
The cost of spa treatment can be different. It will depend on the level of popularity of the toast, the range of activities provided, the degree of qualification of doctors, the duration of the course of treatment and many other factors.
You can find out the cost of sanatorium treatment by contacting representatives of the institution by phone.
About the treatment of diabetes in a sanatorium for diabetics in the video:
Spa treatment is an expensive “pleasure”. However, patients who suffer from diabetes should not refuse to undergo this treatment option. Taking preventive measures and staying for 14 or more days in an ecologically clean area has a positive effect on the health status of any diabetic.