To reduce cholesterol in the blood is prescribed the use of drugs. More often prescribed medications that belong to the group of statins. They reduce the number of LDL, inhibit the growth of atherosclerotic plaques.
According to medical experts, it is difficult to lower the concentration of cholesterol only with medicines, and for a long time it is completely impossible. Often develop side effects, which requires the abolition of pills.
Dietary nutrition and consumption of foods that normalize cholesterol, should be an assistant in a difficult task. The patient is advised to choose foods that contain little fat-like substance, as well as food that reduces it. Such foods include apples.
Consider how fruits affect the cholesterol profile in diabetes, and how to properly consume apples with high cholesterol?
The effect of apples on LDL levels
The benefits of apples against the background of obesity or excess weight have long been known. There are many proverbs and sayings that relate to the ability of fruits to dissolve fat in the body. This popular wisdom appeared not just like that, but empirically through many generations of people who treated hypercholesterolemia with apples.
Scientific studies to identify the effects of apples on cholesterol indicator were conducted in different countries of the world. Scientists have concluded that a juicy fruit really lowers the content of harmful substances, and at least 10% of the original level.
The main active ingredient contributing to the normalization of low-density lipoprotein levels is pectin. Pectin is a special type of fiber of plant origin, which is part of the cell walls of fruits. Apple is considered to be the record among fruits and vegetables in terms of pectin content.
If we take into account that an apple is 100%, then pectin contains 15%. The remaining part falls on the liquid, in which there are natural acids, minerals and salts.
Pectin is a type of organic fiber that can dissolve in water. In connection with this information, we can conclude that the small size of apple pectin is able to penetrate directly into a blood vessel, where it is activated. It binds inside the blood vessels of the particles of LDL that enter the body along with fatty foods.
In addition, pectin helps lower high cholesterol by dissolving static fat deposits. With an increased level of LDL in a patient, small atherosclerotic spots or plaques are observed, which are removed by means of pectin - it attracts them to itself, and then removes them from the body in a natural way - when the bowels are emptied.
Apple pectin in diabetes has a positive effect on the functionality of the gastrointestinal tract. It binds bile acids, as a result of which the liver produces an additional portion of bile acids, which contain cholesterol. Fatty alcohol, which goes to the production of bile acids, is taken either from food that a diabetic has recently eaten or from lipid depots, which lowers the total amount of LDL in the blood.
At first, apples can cause discomfort in the abdomen, which is based on increased liver activity. But over time, adaptation to new conditions occurs, the body produces new bile acids, constantly absorbing cholesterol.
As a result, the amount of lipoproteins is reduced.
Recommendations for choosing and eating apples
Apples and cholesterol fit together. But which fruit to choose to get the desired therapeutic effect? There are certain guidelines for choosing. It is noted that immature fruits contain a smaller amount of plant fiber (pectin) than fruits that are collected on time.
Ripe fruits tend to increase the pectin content over time. This can be noticed by taste. The flesh is sweet, not quite juicy, aromatic.
With diabetes, cholesterol can be reduced with apples. There is a mistaken opinion that the taste of apples - sour or sweet due to the level of sugar in fruits. In fact, it is not.
Calorie content, regardless of the grade, is about 46 kilocalories per 100 g of product, the amount of sugar also does not depend on the grade. The taste is based on the concentration of organic acids - amber, tartaric, malic, citric, ascorbic. Some varieties have less acid, so they seem sweeter to people.
Recommendations for use:
- In type 2 diabetes, apples are carefully injected into the diet. For the first time, eat half or a quarter, after tracking blood sugar. If it does not grow, the amount can be increased the next day. The norm is up to 2 small apples;
- If the patient is not disturbed by the process of glucose digestibility, then it is allowed to eat up to 4 fruits per day.
If the quantity is violated, for example, the patient eats 5-7 apples, then nothing terrible will happen. The main thing is that the body received nutrients from other foods.
Apples with high cholesterol are not desirable to eat on an empty stomach, since organic acids irritate the mucous membrane. After eating fruit, you cannot lie, in principle, as after any food. This is based on the fact that the digestive process is inhibited, which provokes the development of heartburn, indigestion.
Juicy and fragrant fruits can be eaten all day. But the eaten fruit just before bedtime can lead to a diabetic's hunger, and then everything that is in the fridge will go into action. It should be remembered that excessive consumption of apples can increase blood glucose.
One apple is about 100 g, it contains about 7-10 g of sugar.
Apple Recipes for Cholesterol
Baked apples are characterized by no less benefit for diabetics with hypercholesterolemia. In the process of roasting, organic fiber is converted into an easily digestible form, respectively, the effect of consumption is higher. Of course, during heat treatment there is a loss of some vitamins and minerals.
For cooking baked apples, you need low-fat cottage cheese, a pinch of cinnamon and fresh fruit. Wash the fruits, cut off the cap with a tail, remove the seeds inside. Mix cottage cheese with cinnamon, add sugar to taste. Fill the apple, close the "lid." Put in the oven - when the skin is wrinkled and changes color, the dish is ready. To check, you can touch the apple with a fork, it is easily minimized.
Recipes with apples great variety. They are perfectly combined with other fruits, vegetables - carrots, cucumbers, cabbage, radishes.
Recipes help reduce cholesterol:
- Grate two grated apples. Add five walnuts to apple mixture. They are crushed in a coffee grinder or finely chopped with a knife. This salad is better to eat in the morning for breakfast, drink tea. Nuts containing lipids and proteins provide energy and energy, give strength, and apple pectin helps normalize digestion.
- Grate a large apple and celery root. A bunch of chopped dill and lettuce leaves are added to the mixture - they are torn by hands. It is not recommended to cut with a knife, since the oxidation process starts, which gives the salad bitterness. Then crushed two cloves of garlic, add to the salad. An equal amount of lemon juice, honey and vegetable oil is used as a dressing. Salt is not required. Eat salad 2-3 times a week.
- Grate 150 g of apple, chop 3 cloves of garlic. Mix it up. Eat this mixture three times a day. Dosage for one use - a teaspoon. The recipe improves overall health, lowers the amount of glucose in the blood, is used not only as a treatment, but also for the prevention of atherosclerosis.
- Grate the apple and carrot grated, add a pinch of cinnamon. Season with lemon juice or low-fat sour cream. Sugar is not recommended. Drink several times a week.
Apples are an effective and affordable tool that helps normalize cholesterol levels in the body. There are many recipes, among which every diabetic will find his own version.
How useful apples will tell the expert in the video in this article.